Walt Blenner and his partner, Barry Glenn are the original founders of Glenn and Blenner. He began practicing law in 1986 and the firm has been located in Palm Harbor ever since.
Walt is an “AV” rated lawyer in the prestigious Martindale Hubbard Law Directory (martindale.com). This highest rating given is based upon reviews about him by his peers regarding his knowledge, skill and ethical conduct as an advocate. Also, he is a licensed Arbitrator through FinRa to hear cases involving securities negligence and fraud.
Walt is a 1985 graduate of Emory University Law School located in Atlanta, Georgia. Walt also holds a bachelors degree in political science with honors from University of Chicago. He was admitted to the Florida Bar in 1986 and the Colorado Bar Association in 1993.
Walt Blenner is a current and active member of the Clearwater Bar Association, the Florida Justice Association, American Justice Association, Colorado Bar Association, and is a member in good standing at the United States Supreme Court in Washington D.C.
Including his passion for his clients, Walt Blenner has a side passion for the arts and other community organizations and has been fortunate enough to assist several organizations in leadership positions as:
- Board of Directors – Dunedin Fine Arts Center. 2009- present. The DFAC is one of the best examples of a center that both teaches art in a variety of classes and explores other boundaries of art appreciation. Take a class in photography, or woodcarving or watercolors!
- Past president of Florida Craftsmen, Inc. 2004-2006. Florida Craftsman is a nonprofit statewide organization founded in 1952 to broaden the public’s understanding and appreciation of fine Florida-based craft, and it has one of the best art galleries in downtown St. Petersburg.
- Past president, Palm Harbor Chamber of Commerce – 1999-2000. Walt was honored with the Chamber’s Citizen of the Year award in 2006!
- Past President, Palm Harbor Main Street – 2001-2002. Main Street is a community based organization to preserve and enhance the quality of life and business in Old Palm Harbor.
- Legal Advisor, Legal Assistance to the Arts. 2002-2006. Through the Pinellas Arts Council, he assisted other state-wide artists with their legal issues, contracts and other problems in a pro bono fashion.
- Ex-officio, Salvador Dali Board of Trustees; Board of Directors, 2002-2007.
In September 2010 Walt Blenner was awarded by Palm Harbor Chamber of Commerce President, Connie Davis, the Honor of Palm Harbor Attorney Extraordinaire for Walt’s unwavering legal support and assistance with to the Palm Harbor Chamber of Commerce.